HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!!!
This one is just for you 🙂
This is an orange variation on the delectable Aunt J’s Chocolate Pudding cake. If you love that cake I am certain you will love this one too. And if you were like bummer that last cake was chocolate well now I have a non-chocolate version so you can be in on the cakey goodness. Just so you know, I used clementines instead of an ordinary orange for my cake. The clementines made great garnish, too (Don’t ya think?)
1 box yellow cake
1 package vanilla pudding
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bundt pan.
- Mix cake mix, instant pudding, milk, eggs, and zest.
- Stir in white chocolate chips
- Cook in oven for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in bundt pan.
- Beat together melted butter, powdered sugar, orange juice and zest until smooth. Add more juice if consistency is too thick. It is best to add the juice little by little, otherwise you play a back and forth game of more powdered sugar! more juice!
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
NOTE: If you prefer a vanilla glaze substitute juice for milk and orange zest for a teaspoon of vanilla extract. The original recipe for the glaze made a whooooole lot so that is why my cakes is coated. I cut the recipe I posted in half so don’t expect as much glaze as what is on the cake above.
Hope this cake makes all your cake dreams come true! Enjoy!