If you are anything like me when it comes to buying bananas you buy more than you can consume in the peak banana eating period, and so there you are with bananas heading to the other side…But never fear I have a solution!! Banana Muffins!! I found the basics for this banana muffin at Allrecipes, but to me I wanted to add some extra moistness, goodness umph! So in came the pudding, milk, and a bit of vanilla extract. Trust me, you won’t be sorry for these extra steps. So without further ado I present to you my version of the Banana Crumb Muffin….
Banana Crumb Muffin
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package instant vanilla pudding
3 bananas, mashed (about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line with paper muffin tin. If you are using a cupcake pan it makes about 15 cupcakes.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and instant pudding mix.
- In a large bowl blend bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, milk, and oil until well mixed. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well mixed. OPTIONAL: You can also add 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chocolate chips at this point.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- To prepare topping combine topping ingredients in a bowl with a fork until crumbly; sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
So start your day right! Get in the kitchen and whip up a batch of these yummy muffins. Enjoy!!