Baking is the best form of procrastination one can pursue. Why?? 1) You get to be creative and 2) The outcomes is a sweet heavenly reward. While I have neglected grocery shopping recently, being the fatty bear that I am, I always have baking supplies on hand So I kicked my ginormous study binder aside and plugged in the kitchenaid!
Ordinarily, when I have bananas going to the other side I have the tendency to make banana bread, but what do you do when you only have 1 banana??? Not nearly enough to make the delicious banana bread, but never fear I gave a twist to an all time favorite cookie putting that banana to good use…Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies!! And the super plus, I like to tell myself they are more healthy because you use less egg by putting in the banana (we’ll ignore the fact there is still 2 sticks of butter in there😛 ) So without further ado, kick aside whatever task you’ve been busting your butt working on and take a little break by baking up a batch of these. Enjoy!
Teagasaur’s Ba-Na-Na Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKES ABOUT 5 dozen cookies
2 1/4 flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 12oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix butter, sugars, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add egg and banana, mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until fully incorporated
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place 1 inch scoops of dough about 2in apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, move to wire rack.